Some reminders I’ve pinned eye level at my work desk:
* Get comfortable being uncomfortable
* Stay in your three-foot world
* What would I do if I wasn’t afraid?
* I think mental toughness is a man’s ability to defeat the voice in his mind that is telling him to quit.
* How dangerous it always is to reason from insufficient data
* It’s not the writing part that’s hard. What’s hard is sitting down to write.
* Freaking out is not an option
Perfect! Thank you so much. Also very glad to see that my memory of this interview, while fuzzy on the details, was precise in general.
You were wondering about the Joe English article